[MUST READ] OPEN LETTER TO @splendidigwe BY @husband_materia @9jasouth

In this season of open letter, I decided to use this medium also to write a letter to someone whose genre of music has captured not just me but the entire nation.
I can remember the very first time i heard your song on the radio “aboki shine my shoe”, i noticed your form of delivery, your unique word play, i told my friends that you will champion the new age music industry and they all doubted me in the normal naija “jonsing” way.

three weeks later your song became a hit, even nursery school students could sing it more than the nigerian anthem, and i looked all my friends at the face with a big smile and that “i told you” look, when i heard you got signed unto Luciano Records, it was then i knew you are heading for the stars and would be there for a very long time, when it was time for the video, you employed the professionalism of ace video director Adasa cookey and the video was magic.
when i was still settling with the video, you came out with this upbeat song titled MAKOSSA, it was an instant hit cuz the clubs went gaga and a party was never a party without either “Aboki shine my shoe” or “Makossa” not on the playlist, i was thier amongst the crowd as you performed at a show in portharcourt and your stage strength is second to none, you have mastered the arts and you carried the ever cheering crowd along.
2014 gave me the shocker, not that i wasn’t expecting you to be this big but when i listened to that track AMEN which you featured another A-list artiste like you TIMAYA, it was then i duffed my cap for you and made myself an addict of your songs, i earnestly wait for more songs and the chance to meet you in person for dreams do come truely, i know your full of surprises and only heaven knows what next we should expect
I pray you read this letter and reply me
Previous Post
Next Post

0 comments :