Read : DIRTY DIANA {2}


My classmates were shocked as her gang who had rounded me up with a smiling face could not believe I would reject such an offer, Amanda stamped her hand on my desk and said
“You’ll regret this that I assure you”
As she turned and walked away with her disciples closely following her behind, I noticed the way Stella turned and looked at me, she smiled and I could see the “you are the man” kind of look on her face, I kept quiet all through the first period of class with Stella looking at me all through, while Kesters head was fixed on his desk, when the bell for lunch hour was rang, we all walked out quietly, some in groups while others in two’s, I walked to the shop and bought my lunch, sitting in the empty large examination hall all alone as I ate my lunch, I felt a hand on my shoulder as I turned to see Stella, she smiled but was acting very remorseful, she stretched her hand to shake me but I rejected it, I had noticed that my rejecting of handshakes has made me popular so I had to stick to that one simple trick which has worked for me, Stella withdrew her hand and said mildly
“I’ll like to be your friend Diana”
I paused as I raised up my head starring at her quietly, observing her clenched fist, the way she tapped her right leg on the floor was obvious she was feeling uncomfortable but her mind was compelling her to do
“You know, I like your courage that’s why I want to be your friend” she said
I still didn’t say any word to her as she turned, raised her hand to the sky and waved, I wasn’t sure what I was doing but this new sensation I was rippling amongst my classmates is one that I was begining to enjoy, I walked back to the class when the lunch was over, sat on my desk and opened it to bring out my notebook, only for me to see that two notes was slipped into my desk, the first was from Kester which reads
“Let’s burn out past like cremated soul and put it in an urn of friendship and allow the river to take us to our destined destination”
I folded it neatly, and then opened the secondly note which reads
“Met us at the bermuda triangle after school hours let’s settle this scores once and for all, from Charlies Angels”
Bermuda triangle is the ditch at the back of our hostel where we dump refuse, its also a place for settling scores, where aggrieved parties go to pour out their hearts, its a place known for fighting and also a safe place where the prowling eyes of our teachers would never reach, I knew that spelt doom for me, fighting was never my flair, if it was I would have gone on a headlock with Amanda and clique, out of impulse I stood up and walked to the front of the class, raised my hand up and their was total silence
“I have an announcement to make” I said and the crowd chorused “go ahead!”
I cleared my throat, dipped my hand into my pocket and brought out the note Kester slipped into my desk, the moment Kester saw the note his face turned red, I then began to talk
“Today we have a clear case of a dog going back to eat its own vomit, what I have here in my hand is a handwritten letter written by this self deluded boy who calls himself Kester!”
And there was instant uproar in the class as my classmates used their hands to hit on their desk while some screamed and others were dead drop surprise and then slowly like the rush of the river during dawn the noise died down, then I continued
“What is he looking for in Dirty Diana” I said
The class cheered as this was the first time I have ever called myself a name I detest so much, I dropped the letter on the ground and walked back to my seat as the rest of my classmates rushed for the paper, too many paper dragging to see the note and then they tore the note as Kester stood up and ran out of the class in shame.
The moment the bell for school over was rang, I hung my bag and to walk out of the class, I had not intention of fighting with Amanda, so the earlier I run to the dinning hall, the better for both of us, as made for the door, I noticed my bag was held to a spot, I turned to see Amanda burning in fury
“You want to run abi?, today after fighting finish you will be reeking of fighting” she said
I pushed her hand off my bag as I tried to act as if we lived in the medieval era, acting like I was more matured and sophiscated, I said
“Am no fool to sit here and throw punchs with you Amanda, I have better things to do with my time”
My classmate that had encircled us already all chorused “choiii! Tell her you went to school”
I turned to leave but Amanda was adamant and had her mind resolved to go on a fisting affair with me, Stella was quick to cut her short as she cuts in saying
“Amanda leave the girl alone and let us all go to the dinning in peace”
Their was silence immediately, Stella has always been the goliath that leads the Charlies Angels to war but today was different, Stella was sheathing her sword and clamouring for peace, Amanda raised her hand to slap me but Stella’s reflex was quick as she caught Amanda’s hand amid air and slapped Amanda with her left hand and just like the gate of hell was let loose all the other gang members of Amanda’s now infamous Charlies Angels pounced on Stella but she stood firm to her feet, punching each to the ground one after another and then finally settled with Amanda as she was seated on her and feeding her jaw with well moulded punches!.
A new Era was created that day, I was now the new hero of the underdogs, those that were oppressed took me as their role model and found solace in my own style of leadership, I was no longer dirty because I had folks both junior and some of my classmates that are willing to wash my school uniform but one thing that remained after the storm was the name Dirty Diana, Mrs Ekpo who was my sworn enemy hated me the more as she kept looking for faults to bring me down, I was always playing by the rule until it was obvious there was nothing she could nail me to the cross with, she walked into the hostel one day and seized all my skirts, her reasons “they are too short and teachers are complaining” the moment she left, Amanda walked up to my bed and said
“This is just the begining, we are in for a long war this term”
Mr Ekpo called me into his office to mark scripts him, sitting in his office with the pile of unmarked scrips on my table, he walked to the door of his office, closed the door and locked it and then the windows, I noticed his funny movements as I turned to him and asked
“Sir why are you closing the window?”
He smiled with a big grin, walked to my table and sat on it saying
“You know your a pretty girl, I like you” he said
credit to ff@husband_materia
Previous Post
Next Post

0 comments :