19 year Old Super Falconettes Player Courtney Dike Reveals Why She Rejected N1 Million Gift From NFF

                  Courtney-Dike-1-1                            Principled Nigerians Still Exist! 

A few days ago news went viral on the Nigerian blogosphere that a member of the winning Super Falconettes team, US based Courtney Dike had rejected a One Million Naira ($7000) bonus fee given to each member of the winning team by the Nigerian Football Federation.

Many wondered why out of all her teammates she was the only one who turned down the bonus and we now know why. In an email to the spokesperson of the NFF Ademola Olajire, 19-year-old Courtney wrote,


I would like to respond to what I have been reading on the internet about rejecting bonuses.

I am delighted to play for Nigeria whenever called upon. I knew before leaving for the U-20 World Cup that I would not accept any bonuses. Acceptance of prize money is against NCAA regulations (the division 1 collegiate governing body) here in the US, so that is the main reason for rejecting it.

Knowing this beforehand, I still chose to represent the country because I believed the experience would be more valuable than the money, and I was right.

She could always have collected it behind the NCAA’s back..but she didn’t. She’s principled!
Previous Post
Next Post

0 comments :