Summer Secret {2} by @husband_materia

                             
He was silent all through as he drove me home and the FM station made things look much more weird as the speakers in the car kept blaring Speechless by micheal jackson, he veered off the road as the car came to a halt, he opened the door and ran to the other side to open the door for me under the rain!, I felt its either he was a gentleman or a voracious playboy who has imbibed his romantic antics he used in devouring women, he walked me to the doorstep under the rain and stood there knocking until Theresa came and opened the door for me.

“You are wicked! How can you bunk another guy at the back seat of Haruna’s car!”
Theresa kept ranting the next morning as I told him what transpired between I and Haruna
“Babe am not down for all this love play! Its not my fault that I don’t feel a thing for him” I defended my intergrity which was obviously at stake
“I wish drew could drive me home, he doesn’t even need to get himself soaked under the rain, must an innocent man bear the brunt of another man’s actions? I can bet he would never call you again”.
Theresa met Drew during her NYSC days and then they were both corpers, Drew had nothing on him while Theresa was the one fending for the both of them, it was love like never before, they were rumoured and nicknamed best couples during their NYSC days as Drew would always be seen clutching Theresa’s purse in one hand while they held hands and smile whenever they are going for their CDS.
She once fought with her fellow female corper all because of Drew, the female corper wanted a slice of the excess love Drew showered on Theresa as he bugged Drew with calls and Sms and when Theresa confronted the girl, it was battle of fists as they rolled on the dirt that filled the ground after a heavy down pour, it took the timely intervention of other corpers to seperate them.
It seemed like Drew’s luck spin got a hold of him when they were done with service as he got a job in an oil firm as he raked home a six zero paying job, in less than six months after service the once broke boy who begged Theresa for virtually everything money was involved was transformed, he invited her to come live with him and that was she saw another side of Drew, he had transformed from the cool headed guy to a proud man, he smokes and was always reeking of alcohol
“You want me to still think like a poor man? Baby this is the new me” he would reply theresa
Whenever she confronts him of his new lifestyle, he would not even want to hold hands with Theresa in public or kiss and carry her on his back like he used to five months ago, if she complained he would beat the living daylight out of her and this continued, friends and family had talked to Theresa to leave Drew for her life was in danger, it was in line of a scary incident that took place that made Theresa scared, it was on a saturday and Drew had just returned from playing basketball with friends and then pulled his track suit and dumped on the bed as he dashed into the bathroom to have his bath, she gathered his clothes and walked straight to the washing machine and dropped the clothes inside, not long did the buzzing sound of the washing machine kick off did Drew ask from inside the bathroom
“Theresa what are you washing, I thought your done with the laundry?”
“Baby its your track suit, the one you pulled off few minutes ago”
He dashed out of the bathroom naked as he was covered with soap, the soap slipped him as he fell to the ground but he sprang up immediately as he ran to the machine screaming
“Jesus! Jesus this girl has finished me”
He pressed the STOP button as he opened the washing machine and brought out the already wet track suit and deeped his hand inside the pocket and brought out a tiny sachet that had a whitish substance inside of it as he raised it up and noticed it was soaked, he sighed and said
“Bitch! Bitch! Just your one week with me and you are destroying my source of joy, if I marry you that means you will kill me”
“Whaaat! Drew you call me a bitch? Your just something else, me a bitch over some thing inside a sachet, I don’t blam..”
Drew didn’t let her complete her statement as he dished out well formed well formed blows, he gave Theresa the beating of her life as she sent me pictures of her while she was in the hospital through BBM, so many times I begged her on the phone to leave Drew
“Theresa you deserve more than this Drew of a guy, dunno why your allowing him to do this to you?” I would query her from london
She wasn’t deterred as she kept telling me of how her love for Drew can never die.
…………………………………………………………………..
Just as I and Theresa were arguing that Haruna was gone for good I heard a knock on the door, the jehova witness people normally go on evangelism every saturday so I had thought it was one of them so from where I was sitting with Theresa I shouted so that they could hear me
“You can come next saturday to preach, we are busy today”
“Its not Jehova witness, its Haruna”
Both I and theresa were shocked as I stood up and opened the door for him, he hand a bowl of ice cream on his hand as he smiled and then winked saying
“This would help for the hangover”
I was weak immediately for Theresa had succeeded in making me realise what I did to him, even if I felt nothing for him I shouldn’t have treated him that way, he walked in as he exchanged greetings with Theresa, and immediately she stood up and left the sitting room, I knew at the back of mind that she must be hiding somewhere and eavesdropping on us, as I opened the bowl of ice cream and scooped from it, he starred at me for a while and then said
“Its okay Whitney if you just want us to be friends, don’t want you to always feel like you owe me an explanation or whatsoever”
As he turned to the Television and grabbed the remote and changed the station as they were reporting a new about a missing prince, we smiled as I stretched forth my hands and we shook each other, from then on things changed between I and Haruna as he would take me shopping, we would gossip about virtually everything, we went to cinemas together and he sang almost the whole catalogue of each and every kareoke bar we entered, we spent lengthy hours on the phone all night talking about virtually everything, he was now indeed a true friend how I had wanted it all along.
Finally my holiday was over and all the memories of the short and funfilled experience was all that was left in my head, my colleagues at the office were already anticipating my coming back and that was when Haruna took me out for dinner a night to the day I was meant to leave, we drank wine and kept reeling toasts to all we had done all through the holiday as he came along with his camcorder, as we watched videos of most our experiences together, he looked me as he stretched hand and touched my hair saying
“Your beautiful Whitney! Take this as my gift to you”
He pulled the gold necklace off his neck and hung it round my neck, as he drove me home he kept saying
“I’ll miss you but all hope is not lost”
I never understood the meaning of those words as I packed my bag to the airport the next day, the flight to london was an easy cool flight and when I got home the first night seemed weird to me, their was no Haruna to talk at length with during the night and my other days took that same format as I confided in a friend
“Don’t worry you will get over it”
But as the day grew by I found out that my mind was lost in transit as all that beclouded my senses were thoughts of Haruna, I watched the videos from the camcorder and cuddled the gold necklace which he gave me as a parting gift, I doubted my feelings for I could not be falling in love with a guy in just four weeks of knowing him and not even after my heart wrenching experience.
Two weeks gone and all I had was his pictures and videos, I visited my parents in their apartment and confided in my mum what I was going through
“Hun! Your heart is in love but your body is denying the fact” she said
“Mum what do I do cuz am confused!” I asked
“Go get what’s yours my dear or else you will leave the rest of your life in regret” she said
I grabbed the phone later that night and called Theresa that I was coming back to Nigeria, I told her of what I was going through as she also urged me to come back, it was a surprised visit for Haruna.
Now back in Nigeria I decided to go visit the one man that has not only swept me off my feet but taken his time to know me, I banged on his door so loud as I heard him giggling inside and then shouted
“Am coming?”
He opened the door and stood there mouth open in surprise
“Your meant to be in london I guess!”
“Surprise!!!” I said smiling
“Alright come in” he said
As I entered his sitting room and sat on his leather chair, he walked to the wine bar and turning drinks into the glass wine when from the inner room a girl walked out saying
“Honey it seems we have a visitor”
A fair tall lady who was dressed in a bum short and a top with knife in her hand
“Yes! Come see the girl I told you I would have married before I met you”
My head kept spinning round as Haruna introduced her to me, I grabbed the glass of wine and gulped all its content and helped myself with another glass
“Whitney guess what?” Haruna asked smiling
“What Haruna”
“I met her that night I dropped you off before you travelled and we have fixed our wedding for next week, can you be her chief bridesmaid” he said smiling
 ff@husband_materia
BBpin: 291862DBBBM Channel: C00139A33Like fan page www.facebook.com/husbandwrites 
Previous Post
Next Post

0 comments :