I married my kid sister – Ortis Wiliki reveals




Reggae star, Ortis Wiliki who just marked 30 years in the music industry made a shocking revelation recently.

Unveiling the secret of his 20-year marriage to popular actress and singer, Becky, he told Punch that, “I married my kid sister – my mother’s last born. We are as close siblings can be. That is why we have stayed together for this long. ”

He further revealed that he was originally from Ethiopia not Nigeria, “I am actually from Ethiopia. That is where my grandfather comes from. I don’t know why people can’t believe me. I am a full-fledged Nigerian, no doubt. I was born and raised here, but my ancestral roots remain in Ethiopia. I come from Adowa, a province in the Northern part of Ethiopia. My family naturalised as Nigerians in Warri. My father is Itsekiri, while my mother is partly Edo and Ondo. That is why I tell people that I have a complex origin. My real name is Rassam Wiliki. It was my grandfather’s name, too.”

On his foray into music, he said “At the age of eight, I was already an active member of the church choir. Before my father died at the age of 49, he had reached out to many people through evangelism. I wanted to do the same thing. So I made up my mind that I was going to reach out to people through music. I decided I would become a gospel musician. That is why everything I have done is inspired by the Holy Bible.” he says.
Previous Post
Next Post

0 comments :