Summer Secret {End}

Emeka cared less of who was calling, it seemed to excite him the more seeing that it was the girl his friend had intrest for that he was devouring,
I stayed numb devoid of any sexual feeling as he humped and humped and then like a chicken whose neck wasn’t properly cut off he jerked and then came to a halt as he pulled his dick and then smacked my chin gently saying
“Sweet fucking cunt you got babe”
I came down from the table, wore my pant and then left his office without saying a word to him

Like a veil that was removed off Drew’s face, it was like he had been in a trans as all his thoughts was about how his recklessness would have made him loose his child, sitting with his foes that pose as friends as the table was littered with injections, a lighter, spoon and a parcel of cocaine that his friend sniffed from, his friend was disscussing with him but noticed that Drew’s was wandering far away
“O boy! You dey act strange today o!, wetin happen?”
His hand that touched Drew startled him as he shrugged his shoulder and looked his friend and then shook his head, stood up and grabbed the parcel of the cocaine with one hand, his friend asked immediately
“Where you dey go with this thing?”
Drew didn’t even say a word as he walked towards the direction of his kitchen with his friend closely following him behind, he walked to the sink turned the tap on as water rushed through the tap he emptied the whole content of into the sink, his friend couldn’t believe it as he stood there speechless, then Drew turned to him and said quietly but with a precision
“Now leave my house”
His friend didn’t protest as he turned and walked out, Drew was faced with the problem of convincing Theresa that he is a changed man now as she had given him more than three opportunities to prove himself yet he keeps failing her, he had made up his mind that by hook, line or sinker he was gonna get Theresa back by all means, as she was right there beside him when the going was bad.
While Whitney sat beside Theresa on her hospital bed sobbing and trying so hard for Theresa not notice, her phone rang as she sluggishly picked it up and found out that the caller was Haruna, she dropped the phone back on the bed, hissed at continued starring at the television, Theresa who was sobbing too and was hiding it from Whitney raised her head up and then look at her friend with her eyes swollen
“Answer his call, he is not like Drew”
I answered the call and Haruna went crazy on phone shouting
“Your a bitch! You hoe, so after everything you still went ahead to sleep with Emeka again, am so dissappointed in you”
I could sense from his voice that he was crying,
“I’ll go ahead and marry Maggie, even if I don’t love her much as I do for you, I’ll love her cuz she is not like you”
I didn’t say a word to him, as he kept screaming until I let the phone drop to the ground, indeed my world was totally slipping into the dark, I resolved immediately to leave Nigeria soonest.
Drew had resolved not leave Theresa for any reason, to this effect he bought a chair and then took it to the front of the private ward of Theresa, he wasn’t going to leave there no matter what transpires as he would be beg his way to her heart again.
It was now a day to Haruna’s wedding, they had planned to do the white during the day and then use the reception as the traditional marriage, while friends were planning the events for tomorrow Haruna locked himself in the room crying all day, wishing he was dead as he could not change the turn out of events, Maggie had noticed his sudden change of attitude after Whitney saw the both of them making love, banging on the door for Haruna to open, he didn’t she feared the worst if he had committed suicide as she kept knocking until he answered and said
“I want to be left alone”.
I had packed her bags and was headed for the airport with Theresa who was not fit to walk, it was the day my true love would be taking another woman down the aisle, since Nigeria had nothing better to offer me, its better I leave for I could not stand and watch Haruna marry Maggie.
Drew kept on following Theresa wherever she went, begging and pleading as he followed us, calling on anybody beside us to beg on his behalf, he had gone insane with pleading, passengers who crowded the famous murtala mohammed airport looked with awe as he knelt down by the counter beside Theresa as I was buying my ticket for London, from the crowd that had gathered watching us someone shouted
“E don do na! O girl forgive am na?”
We both ignored Drew as the sales girl smiled as she took down my details, I heard the crowd shout and burst in laughter as I turned and saw Haruna kneeling down in his suit too with Maggie dressed in her wedding gown standing at his back, the crowd went wild as flashes from camera light almost made me blind
“Whitney I can’t go on like this, you are my world”
I looked at him and sighed as I turned to the sales girl and then barked at her
“Your here smiling! Please be fast with my ticket and let me leave here”
The sale girl frowned as she began to fill the form fast, then Maggie decided to talk
“If you miss Haruna, you will regret it for the rest of your life, am sorry I sent that text with Haruna’s phone inviting you to our house”
Another voice from the crowd, this time a female voice shouted
“C’mon girls, from your eyes I can see that both of you love these men”
Theresa was the first that began to cry as she knelt down beside Drew, hugged him and then placed her head on his shoulder and then began to cry, the crowd began to clap almost immediately, I took the ticket from the sales girl in a hurry as I turned to leave, when Haruna held me hand which I shoved off immediately and then made to leave, the crowd chorused
“Shakara!!!!”
An elderly woman came out from the crowd, her grey hair and black skirt suit showed that she was a woman of class, she walked up to Haruna, held him by the hand as she drew him up, she held me by the hand then joined our hands together and then said
“Whatever be it, let it be sacrificed on the alter of love and be your Summer Secret”
I was weak to my feets as I turned and hugged Haruna, the crowd went into another wild jubilation.
The End
Previous Post
Next Post

0 comments :